JumpStart™ Septic Additive
For when native microbes need help
Waterloo JumpStart™ is an engineered bacterial additive that promotes a healthy septic tank and helps to break down high strength sewage. Many septic tank additives are simply enzymes that break down FOG (fats, oils, grease) and sludge into smaller particles, allowing them to travel through the septic tank only to accumulate again in the treatment unit or disposal field. This does not fix the problem; it simply transfers it from one component of the treatment train to another, increasing the chance of a costly replacement.
JumpStart™ on the other hand is 100% bacteria that consume FOG, sludge and promotes a healthy ‘live’ septic tank. JumpStart is safe, non-toxic, and is highly resilient to adverse conditions of pH, temperature, and disinfectant use. JumpStart™ can be periodically flushed down the toilet or dosed with a drip system for very difficult or high strength wastewaters. In facilities where there are medications or excessive disinfectants, such as hospices or child-care centres, JumpStart™ addition is an integral component of the wastewater treatment train.
Waterloo JumpStart™ can be used to:
- Reduce System Start-up Time – quickly establishes the bacterial populations needed for the biological degradation of wastewater
- Bioremediation – can be used to rejuvenate a dead septic tank or drainfield; simply pump out the tank and add 1 gallon of JumpStart™ to the septic tank and pump chamber for seeding purposes
- Improve Nitrogen Removal – nitrogen removal is very sensitive to the use of disinfectants and chemical cleaners, JumpStart™ helps to counteract the negative effects of chemicals and sustain a healthier sewage that is more readily treated and nitrified
- Eliminate FOG – effective in degrading FOG and can be used to reduce sewage strength in high-FOG applications such as fast food restaurants
- Eliminate Odours – helps mitigate foul odours caused by sulphur in the wastewater
Waterloo JumpStart™ is available in 1 gallon jugs. Please contact us for ordering and pricing information.